I put Tajín® on nearly everything. You really can’t go wrong with the garlic, chile, lime flavor. It goes particularly well with chicken and roasted vegetables like onions and bell peppers. This recipe is one of my trash can recipes. I use whichever vegetables and cut of poultry we have on hand. If it’s soon to be on its way to the trash can, it gets included.
If you’re not a fan of sheet pan dishes, you can also saute the vegetables and meat separately for a more blackened dish.
- 2 Onions cut into thick slices
- 2 Bell Peppers cut into thick slices
- 2 lbs Chicken, any cut
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Other vegetables that go well with this dish are zucchini, eggplant, jalapeños, and mushrooms. The amount of vegetables can also be adjusted based on the number of servings desired.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Cut the vegetables into thick slices. Place them in a single layer on a sheet pans. Drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Cover in a thin layer of Tajín®. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, pour enough Extra Virgin Olive Oil to lightly coat the chicken. Add the chicken and toss gently. If there's room, place chicken on the same sheet pan. If not, place on a second pan and sprinkle with Tajín®.
- Bake chicken for 25 - 30 minutes or until done. Bake vegetables for 15 - 20 minutes or until done.
- This is a good meal to use for your weekly meal prep. It's easy to make and reheat on the go.