I might have a tiny addiction to hummus. It’s the perfect snack to include in your weekly meal prep and can be used in place of mayo and other sandwich spreads. Need a little extra flavor for your turkey burger? Add some hummus! This spicy sun-dried tomato hummus has enough kick to make your taste buds tingle without being over-whelming.
Hummus is rich in protein, fiber, and healthy fats. Sun-dried tomatoes are higher in lycopene, a powerful antioxidant, than their fresh counterparts, so adding them to the hummus is a huge bonus for your body. If you’re using the portion containers, the base recipe counts as 1/2 a yellow container and 1 1/2 tsp. The sun-dried tomatoes themselves constitute 1/2 a green container.
This recipe can be altered to be 1 blue for 80 Day Obsession if you use more olive oil. I’ve noted on the recipe below how much to use for which version.
I used the Crock Pot Express Cooker when I made this, but any pressure cooker would work. You could even boil the chickpeas if you want. If you live in a rural area like I do, tahini may be difficult to come by, so I ordered mine off Amazon. I may also have an addiction to shopping on Amazon…
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (21 Day Fix)
- 1 cup olive oil (80 Day Obsession)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking the chickpeas first makes the hummus extra creamy. Place the chickpeas and 6 cups of water in an Instant Pot or Crock Pot Express Crock. Make sure the steam valve is closed. Use the Beans/Chili setting and High pressure. Cook for 45 minutes.
- Drain the chickpeas. Place the remaining ingredients in a food processor to form a smooth paste.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.