Adapting recipes that are approved for 21 Day Fix has been my saving grace. I’m all about being creative and creating beautiful meals. I’m also about worker smarter not harder. When you have four hungry boys to feed, you take the easy route when you can. The Beachbody blog lists the portion container equivalents of their Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos at the end of the recipe. The containers listed do not match the approved foods for 80 Day Obsession! Chicken broth was on the original food list but was removed during revisions. You can use vegetable broth in its place, but I’d rather not waste a green container on broth. Similar to my recipe for Stuffed Pepper Soup, this recipe replaces the broth with water and spices.
You’ll use the following containers for my version of Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos: 1 green, 1 red, 1/2 purple, and 1 yellow.
I always make a double batch. Otherwise, the boys end up eating what I have portioned for my meals.
- 1 cup water
- 2 medium jalapeños, whole
- 2 Tbs Tajín®
- 2 Tbs cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 lb chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup sweet bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Place water, jalapeños, and chicken in a slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the Tajín®, cumin, and paprika over the chicken.
- Cook on high for 2 1/2 - 3 hours or on low for 4 - 5 hours.
- Saute bell peppers and onion over medium heat until soft.
- Shred chicken.
- Evenly divide chicken between 8 tortillas. Top with salsa, peppers, onions, and cilantro.
- 1 serving = 2 tacos