I’ve been saving my blue (healthy fat) containers for hummus and veggies at night, but tonight I made a sacrifice and used one for shredded cheese.
Sweet mother of dairy, I’ve missed cheese!
Tasting it again was like embracing an old friend. I may have missed cheese more than chocolate.
This 80 Day Obsession version of stuffed peppers equals 1 green, 1 yellow, 1 red, and 1 blue.
The diced tomatoes can be substituted with tomato paste and rice can be used instead of quinoa. Quinoa offers more dietary fiber and protein than rice, so use it if possible.
- 4 bell peppers, cut in half and seeds removed
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lbs ground turkey
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha black pepper
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbs fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Place bell peppers in a baking dish and set aside.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat and add onion. Cook until translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add ground turkey, cumin, and pepper for 8 minutes or until ground turkey is cooked through.
- Add diced tomatoes, quinoa, and beans. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add cilantro and lime juice.
- Divide mixture evenly between each bell pepper half. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until bell peppers are tender. Remove foil.
- Top each bell pepper with cheese. Bake until cheese is melted.
- 2 pepper halves equals 1 serving